Rush Foundation Hospital focuses on making healthcare as accessible as possible for the citizens of East Central Mississippi and West Alabama. To accomplish this, Rush is continually investing in new and updated facilities and in the latest treatment and care, in a compliant environment.
A 215-bed hospital, Rush Foundation Hospital is dedicated to providing cutting edge technology, quality care and services to all our patients. We take pride in continuing the growth and development of healthcare programs and specialties based on the needs of our community. Rush Foundation Hospital is affiliated with Rush Health Systems which also includes The Specialty Hospital of Meridian, a long term acute care hospital that offers long-term choices for non-permanent patients who require extended recovery time within a hospital setting. Other Rush Health Systems affiliates include five, 25 bed critical access hospitals located in the region: Laird Hospital in Union, MS, H.C. Watkins Memorial Hospital in Quitman, MS, Scott Regional Medical Center in Morton, MS, John C. Stennis Memorial Hospital in DeKalb, MS and Choctaw General Hospital in Butler, AL; Medical Foundation, Inc., a network of providers with primary care and specialty clinics located in East Mississippi and West Alabama; and Rush Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group located in Meridian, Mississippi provides specialized care for all ages. All of this makes evident the Rush tradition of dedication to continually growing, developing and offering comprehensive healthcare services to the people of the community.
Specialty Services of Rush Foundation Hospital:
- The Family Birth Center is one of the first of its kind in Mississippi. The center features a recently renovated labor and delivery unit with 18 LDR suites where new mothers can experience all phases of the birthing process including labor, delivery and recovery, all in the comfort of a single room.
- Rush is proud to offer a modern, spacious Newborn Intensive Care Unit. This 12-bed unit offers a special quality of care for premature and high-risk infants.
- Housed in a 17,632-square-foot facility, Rush Rehabilitation Services is dedicated to the improved healing of our community. Services offered include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Aquatic Therapy and a Reading Clinic.
- The Rush Heart Institute, located in the hospital, provides cardiac healthcare prevention, detection and treatment including cardiovascular and vascular surgery. In instances meeting the appropriate criteria, cardiovascular surgery is conducted using surgical robotics and minimally invasive techniques. The Rush Heart Institute offer non-invasive testing including: treadmills, nuclear medicine, echocardiography, arrhythmia detection and pacemaker evaluation. Interventional cardiology includes balloon angioplasty and stents.
- For area athletes, the Rush Sports Medicine Team provides the community with the very best care in the area of sports medicine and orthopaedics. The team provides athletic physicals, outpatient rehab services and Saturday morning clinics.
- The Pain Treatment Center at Rush Foundation Hospital is staffed by board-certified, fellowship trained physicians. The Rush Pain Treatment Center offers more than forty different treatment modalities designed to increase functional capacity, reduce pain and help patients live more normal productive lives.
- The Rush GI Lab opened more than thirty years ago and was the area’s first Gastrointestinal Laboratory. It is now a regional resource providing a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for digestive disorders including ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease, colon cancer and inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.
- The Vein Center at Rush is the hospital’s newest specialty center and the region’s only comprehensive vein center for the treatment of medical conditions associated with varicose veins. The Vein Center at Rush offers the most progressive and minimally invasive treatments performed by a board-certified cardiovascular, endovascular and venous surgeon.
Each of these efforts targets different groups and their health needs. However, they each have the same goal—to promote better health and provide the people of East Central Mississippi with the information and resources they need to lead healthier lives with access to quality medical care and services.